Monday, August 28, 2006

A few things on my mind today

Well to start with, a few weeks ago a foster mother with a heart condition passed out in a park. When medics were called and she came to, her 3 year old foster child, Marcus, had disappeared. Marcus was autistic, so it was unknown if he'd wandered off or was taken. J told me privately that the officials were looking into the foster parents, although he didn't know why. He only knew that a lot of stuff had been taken out of their home for investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14558359/ This is why. Sick sick fucks. Pardon my language, but those people should be burned alive. You shouldn't read the story if you are sensitive or faint of heart. But I don't understand how people like that would want to adopt or foster a child. I just don't. I'll give you the quick run-down. The parents are responsible for his death, and after the fact, tried to make it look as though he had been taken. I can't tell you how many people around Cincinnati were looking for this child, worried sick that he was playing a game and hiding in the bushes from the search parties, or that he wandered into traffic or a body of water, etc. How many people who'd never met the foster parents or Marcus, and were volunteering their time to look for him. How many cops went with K9s (who never found a trace, natch) and spent valuable time and tax dollars. And how many people felt needless stress when they couldn't find him. Just sick individuals.

Then we were talking about the Jon Mark Karr kook, confessing to Jon Benet Ramsey's death. A lot of people I work with seem to think he came up with a convenient reason to be extradited out of Thailand. Well, I can see that. But the guy looks creepy enough anyway that he probably needed to be locked up. We got to talking about DNA testing. Of course, another thing that people learn from TV is that DNA tests come back 40 minutes after the samples are collected. The same way fingerprints come back immediately. Let's be real here people. I have it on good word (I.e. from cops) that fingerprints themselves take weeks to go through databases for a match. It isn't instantaneous. Neither is DNA. It takes longer for DNA. Quit believing everything you see on TV.

Having said that, they found out that Karr's DNA doesn't match DNA found at the scene. The warrant against him was thrown out. The guy has a litany of other reasons he should be locked away forever. Unfortunately it won't be as easy as people thought it would be.

On a lighter note, Snakes on a Plane did HORRIBLY at the box office. Ha ha! Entertainment Weekly ran an article wondering why it had done so poorly, when it was so hyped. Um, excuse me o wondered weekly rag, YOU were hyping it, not the public. D'uh!

Off to Target. Hope you've enjoyed my rant o'the day.

4 comments:

Paradise Driver said...

Love your blog!

Have added a link.

Aloha!

Anonymous said...

Amy, can I link this story about this little boy on my site? That is beyond sick.

Also, I think asshole John Karr should also be locked up forever. What a freak he is.

FroneAmy said...

Cathy-
certainly you can blog that story. It's terribly disheartening, especially since it happened right here, but I had to share it with people.

Wil-
Welcome! And thanks! Will be checking out your blog today

La Spud- I'm so glad we see eye to eye on that....LoL

Anonymous said...

It wouldn't surprise me if Karr eventually claims responsibility for Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance.