Thursday, August 03, 2006

as we know it...and I feel fine

You want proof that the end of the world is nigh?

Is it the endless fighting in the middle east?

Is it the tsunamis, earthquakes, deathly heat waves, hurricanes all occurring simultaneously?

Is it the fact that the greatest country in the world is run by a bunch of idiots that somehow are in office twice?

No. Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, my proof is this:

Left and right, the media is DEFENDING Mel Gibson. Just a few years ago when he came out with that stupid movie, Passion, people were saying it was anti-Semitic. Now he makes a few more anti-Semitic comments, and it's blown off because he was drunk. People, let's be realistic, here. Alcohol doesn't make you become someone you're not. It lowers your inhibitions, and allows the real you out. It makes you do stupid things, like make ridiculous racist comments, because you don't KNOW better than to censor yourself. Nevermind the fact that I've never met a racist that wasn't also an idiot. Howard Stern made a good point today, in that ABC and Disney stand to make a lot of money off Gibson's next movie, so of course they are going to defend him. Let's just call a spade a spade, shall we? And then get OVER it. He's a jew-hating ass. End of story.

And my other proof? There is this huge uproar on where Suri Cruise is. WHO FUCKING CARES??? Pardon my language, but LET THE CRAZIES RAISE THEIR KID IN PEACE! Do I think Tom Cruise is nutso? Yep, you betcha. Do I think Katie Holmes is brainwashed? Probably. Do I think their kid is deformed, a mutant alien, or the next coming of L. Ron Hubbard, simply because nobody's seen the kid? Nope. Why isn't anybody making a big deal because we don't know what his other two children look like? Do we claim those kids don't exist either?

And my final proof: Snakes on a Plane.

You're kidding me, right? This movie is being painted to be the blockbuster of the summer. Why? Because it's SNAKES ON A PLANE! WOW! But is it going to be a good movie? It's SNAKES ON A PLANE! Duh! Everybody who's everybody is going to see Snakes on a Plane! Right?

This is by FAR the most hyped up I've ever seen a movie that wasn't already a book, or a comic, or a sequel.

ha ha on Hollywood, I'm not seeing it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As someone with half a brain, I will not be seeing that movie as well.