Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A bit of clarification

Well, you may or may not have noticed that I shut down the comments on the Flat Daddy post. I don't want to talk about the war on this blog. It's a sensitive subject, and you're bound to get a lot of fiery remarks on it. My blog isn't about me disagreeing with the war. It's about my life, my husband's life, and the fact that he's a cop. There are plenty of blogs out there that focus on the war. If you agree or disagree with the war, I'm sure you've found your favorite blogs.

J was finally able to share more details about babysitting the inmate at the hospital. The story got quite different after that, at least for me. Turns out she and her boyfriend / husband / whatever were both arrested the night before. Deputies were called in because they were beating the crap out of each other. What most likely happened is he started hitting her, and she fought back. She cut him with a knife, and they both got arrested. J said there were a ton of bruises on her, some fresh, some old, but there were a lot. I say good for her for fighting back. Boo for her for staying with him long enough to bruise her more than once. But they were so drunk that the woman didn't remember calling her lawyer, and didn't remember much of the night. By the end of the evening, she'd been released on her own recognizance, so she got to go directly home from the hospital. No word on whether or not she actually had a seizure. Hopefully she'll take this to heart and move out. Doubtful that she actually will.

Since J has weekends off now, we were going to try to go camping this weekend. Unfortunately there is now an insane cold snap headed straight for us. And I don't camp in freezing temperatures. I mean that literally, I don't camp when you can go ice skating. If the temp is below 32, no way, jose. Call me a wimp. I can take it :) But now at least he gets to see UFC 64. Rich Franklin is defending his title, and he's a local boy. So of course he's a favorite. Plus, his record is 22-1 (I think) so he's pretty much a great fighter.

I should mention the fact that this is nothing new with my mom. I have been dealing with her shit for my entire life. It's just fortunate I live two hours away now, so I don't have to deal with it as often. Sometimes she gets moments of clarity, where she understands that she's a bitch, and that she says and does things that are very hurtful to other people. Then five minutes later the real her comes back out, and you realize she doesn't *care* that she hurts people. She only cares about herself. Usually those moments of clarity come with copious amounts of alcohol. But however you grew up, if it was with loving people who raised you the best way they knew how, or if it was people who didn't know any better and screwed you up, you still know what it's like to want a happy family. Whether that family ultimately comes from the people you aren't related to, but you just choose them to be your support system, or that family comes from your blood relatives. So I'm sure most of my readers get where I'm coming from when it becomes too much.

Anyway, there you have it. Thanks for all your supportive comments. It means a lot to me, genuinely. Kind of helps me feel I'm not so alone.

LOST is on tonight...eek! They'd better start answering some damn questions, NOW!

No comments: