Friday, March 17, 2006

Major update

OK well it's obvious I haven't updated in a while. Why? I'm not sure. Kind of been trying to figure out what exactly I'm going to do with this blog. Working a lot. Being laid up. Etcetera. Where should i start? Ok well I had my wisdom teeth removed at the beginning of February. Boy that WAS AWESOME! Just kidding, it wasn't that great. The actual procedure wasn't bad at all, but then again I was completely out so I didn't feel a thing. When I came to, my face was swollen to the point that, as my friend Andrew put it, I looked as though I was back-talking a little too much. I was horrendously swollen for six days, and this was right before Superbowl. I could hardly eat anything except Bob Evans' mashed potatoes and chicken noodles. Which, by the way, is an awesome recuperative meal. Yum! I bruised after the 5th day, and got a minor infection after the stitches all dissolved. But I've heard some true horror stories, and I don't think my experience was all that bad. Given the choice, however, I don't think I'd have it voluntarily done again. Sure, if the teeth are posing a health threat, I'd have them pulled. But I'm convinced that it's becoming too common to just remove them because everybody has them pulled.
Well, another update; Jim and I have decided to think about having a kid. Are we insane? Once we started actually talking about it with sincerity, I realized we are truly insane. I'm not sure what is possessing us. But we aren't preventing a pregnancy at this point. I guess we're already ahead of the curve a bit by planning it. But I must be stupid!
So last week, on March 11, Jim took me to see Wicked, which was a Christmas gift. It was really very enjoyable! There were quite a few funny lines, the songs were good, the set was fantastic, etc. etc. I liked it, and Jim did too. That should say something, when a meat-and-potatoes, rock music guy likes a Broadway production.
Jim and I just got back from Las Vegas. I had to go for work, for an Agility Conference, and given that Jim could just stay in my hotel room, and all we'd have to pay for is his ticket and his meals, it seemed like a huge opportunity for us to go travel some more! Especially before we get knocked up. Oy. Anyway, we got to stay at the Bellagio. I guess if you are going to go, go all out, right? It was very nice, although I have to be honest and say for a hotel that costs normally something in the 300$ a night range (for a normal size room, mind you), they could certainly invest in a quality shampoo/conditioner! But we gambled a bit, checked out the Sirens show at TI, saw the lions sleeping at MGM, ate at the Harley Davidson cafe, and also ate at Fix, which was FABULOUS. We played a lot of slots, got a few free drinks, and played some roulette. I had a ton of updates to add when we got back, but for some reason sitting down at this computer tends to erase my brain a bit, and I get writer's block.
Andy called, and a friend of his who has a band is playing at the Poison Room tonight, which is St Patty's day. Am I going? I'm not sure, but probably. Andrew is due to call me back here, and we'll probably go.
To make this post even longer, I think I've decided to start writing this from the perspective of a Cop's wife. Well, to be accurate, Jim's really a Sheriff's Deputy now, but you get the idea. I just have to start drilling it in my head to update any time some cop stuff comes up.
That's all for now!

No comments: