Friday, September 30, 2005

fucking work....

OK so today my supervisor drove me insane. He tells me someone came in to make 32 prints and someone else said the plotter didn't smell. I am here to tell you that thing STINKS. When someone makes a print off the damn thing, the heating element burns the toner. it burns my nose and upsets my stomach. Yea, I know, wah wah. But instead of trying to suggest things to FIX the smell (4k of repairs needed), they just suggest moving me. Well I go to my boss and ask what the hell's up with that. Then Bob downplays the whole thing, saying the other guy only made 20 prints and that the 'moving Amy' thing was a joke. why the HELL did you say that to me in all seriousness, then turn around and try to make me look like an ASS? The worst part is he does that shit ALL THE TIME!

OK one of the dogs keeps bumping the computer tower and opening/closing the cd drive. The computer is trying to play Jim's Battlefield 2 game.

There it goes again.

We got toothpaste for the dogs today because a.) you're actually supposed to take care of their teeth, and b.) their breath REEKS. Almost worse than the printer toner. Foul! No pun intended, but the toothpaste is poultry flavored. They seemed to like the flavor, but dislike the brushing action. So I have to praise them and give them treats afterward. Isn't that like giving your kid an oreo after brushing his teeth?

anyway I get home after a day of teetering around again (still the headache), and check my email. There's another one of those religious emails from my mother-in-law (mil), this one suggesting that since the government insists on separation of church and state, they should have to work on Sundays and holidays. Scuse me, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE? OK they have a law that says you can't drop trou and shit in the middle of the street, but that law doesn't stop you from ever shitting at home, so why would you interpret the separation of church/state as the same thing as 'the government tells us not to talk to God'.

quote "Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life."

How's that make any sense whatsoever? There's another part of the email that says, "I say,"so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions."

There you have it folks, the email actually admits that THERE ARE SMARTER PEOPLE MAKING THE LAWS SOMETIMES!

thank god.

So I hit reply-all and told them so. the best part is, my husband's aunt emailed me back to thank me!

No comments: