Thursday, February 25, 2010

More cops being shot at.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35587861/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Really not thrilled about this breaking story. So far the news is that the three officers who have been hit are in the hospital, two in critical.

For those of you not in the LEO circles, this kind of thing sends ripples through the community. It is heartbreaking to hear of. Yet there is a side to it that is heartwarming, and that is precisely the ripples that stretch across this nation, in the LEO community. Officers across the nation will be talking about this tonight, with their coworkers, their families, their friends. Many of them will be extra vigilant tonight, extra cautious of approaching houses, hyper aware of every movement of the people they come in contact with. They grit their teeth when they hear the news of these events, flex their arms, and start itching to take vengeance on the people who would dare do such a thing.

2 comments:

April E. :) said...

It just makes my stomach turn. I pray for the families of those officers, I can only imagine what they are going through...and I pray for the safety of my Husby and other officers out there tonight!

MrsMonicaLB said...

This is the part of their job I hate even imagining about,I feel so sad for the families.Praying and sending good thoughts to keep all our LEO's SAFE!!!I dread watching the news.