Tuesday, May 02, 2006

fucking women's lib

Well today I had one of those "Oh you're a girl we're going to sit you in the corner and ignore you until we need copies" days. It's a long story, but I was given a project to LEAD at work, and sent to training for it, and then someone with seniority over me decided to take over my meeting and lead my project team in a different direction than he gave me. He tends to do this to other women in the department. Right now there's only 3 women in a 45 person department. Gee, sense an imbalance here? There's a lot more details that I dont' want to get into right now, but I spent an hour and a half after work ranting about it to anyone who would look at me, and feeling like feminism has died and how the hell can we expect gay people to be allowed to get married when women are still treated like complete crap in the corporate workforce?

To add insult to injury, I had quite a horrible acute allergy attack an hour before my meeting that has left my throat sore, and my nose burning. Not my best day ever.

But we're going to see Cate dance this weekend so that should be really fun. Ed's supposed to go also, but he's such a flake anymore that who knows.

Ugh...I need a tissue.

No comments: